PHOENIX — Surprise is searching for teenagers who are interested in a paid summer internship within the city’s government.
“They could be working in the Police Department, in the Parks Department, in the Economic Development Department, in the mayor and council offices,” said Ken Lynch with the city. “The wide variety of things the city does is available to these young people.”
The program is not only designed to give teens job experience, but also to help them decide what careers they would like to pursue.
“Young people not only have access to good educational opportunities but have exposure to a wide variety of professions while they’re still in school,” said Lynch. “We recognize that those high school years are critical with kids deciding, at least primarily, what they’re going to do with the rest of their lives.”
The program is open to teens aged 15 to 19 who are full-time students. They must live in Surprise and be available to work 30 or more hours per week. Interns are paid $8 per hour.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development