A Valley mom is facing charges because police say she left her children inside a car while she went into an office for a job interview. Shanesha Taylor, 35, claims she had no choice, because she’s homeless and had nowhere for her children to go.
The president of Sunrise preschools said it didn’t have to be that way.
“All 25 locations (of Sunrise Preschool) are happy to offer up to four hours of totally free childcare for parents who need childcare during an interview,” said Dana Vela.
She said that parents are required to give 24 hours notice before bringing their children in for the service.
“And they need to come in probably 15 to 30 minutes early to drop off,” Vela said. “That’s because there’s paperwork to fill out that includes their emergency contact information. They also need to bring in their child’s immunizations.”
If you don’t have your own phone, you can leave someone else’s number as an emergency contact.
“It could be a friend or family member,” said Vela.
“Some families even leave us a case worker as an emergency contact, or a church member. They can leave us information for other people that would agree, for that four-hour period, to be the child’s emergency contact.”
Vela said that Sunrise does not police where the parents go after they drop their child off. “If you tell me that you need for me to keep your child for that four hours so that you can go on a job interview, then I’m going to choose to believe it,” Vela said.
She said the preschools have been offering the service for over two years, and have never had a problem.
Vela said that the purpose of the offer is to offer a safe place for children to stay while their parents are looking for work.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas