A Valley mom is facing charges because police say she left her children inside a car while she went into an office for a job interview. Shanesha Taylor, 35, claims she had no choice, because she’s homeless and had nowhere for her children to go.
The president of Sunrise preschools said it didn’t have to be that way.
“All 25 locations (of Sunrise Preschool) are happy to offer up to four hours of totally free childcare for parents who need childcare during an interview,” said Dana Vela.
She said that parents are required to give 24 hours notice before bringing their children in for the service.
“And they need to come in probably 15 to 30 minutes early to drop off,” Vela said. “That’s because there’s paperwork to fill out that includes their emergency contact information. They also need to bring in their child’s immunizations.”
If you don’t have your own phone, you can leave someone else’s number as an emergency contact.
“It could be a friend or family member,” said Vela.
“Some families even leave us a case worker as an emergency contact, or a church member. They can leave us information for other people that would agree, for that four-hour period, to be the child’s emergency contact.”
Vela said that Sunrise does not police where the parents go after they drop their child off. “If you tell me that you need for me to keep your child for that four hours so that you can go on a job interview, then I’m going to choose to believe it,” Vela said.
She said the preschools have been offering the service for over two years, and have never had a problem.
Vela said that the purpose of the offer is to offer a safe place for children to stay while their parents are looking for work.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon