PHOENIX — Police in Tempe say there are no signs of foul play in the
death of a man whose body was found inside a motel room.
Det. Jaime Garibay said police were called Saturday afternoon after the man,
who is in his 60s, was found unresponsive inside a Motel 6 on Scottsdale Road
near McKellips Road.
Garibay said the man’s death is not being treated as a homicide and the cause
is still being investigated.
Witnesses told Tempe police that the man had been on the property with another man earlier in the day.
When police went to talk with the man, he ran away.
Garibay said detectives have since determined that man was running from an
arrest warrant that was unrelated to the death.
Police are not releasing the deceased man’s name.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Tempe Police Department at (480)-350-8311.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them