PHOENIX — An armed man who abducted and drugged a teenage girl waiting at a West Valley bus stop is still at large, said Avondale Police.
The 16-year-old girl told police earlier this week that a big white man in a older red truck pulled up to the bus stop near Van Buren Street and 107th Avenue around 6:30 a.m. The truck also had a gray stripe on the side with a “Z” at the end of the line.
He showed her a gun and forced her into the truck, where he made her take a drink. The girl said the drink made her dizzy and she passed out. She had no idea where she was when she woke up but found help.
The man, described in his mid-30s with a blond mustache, weighs between 200-250 pounds and was last seen wearing a gray shirt, light blue jeans with paint splatters, and brown work boots. He also was wearing a gray baseball cap, which was on backward.
There was a lawn mower covered by a tan tarp in the back of the truck.
Any information can be called in to Avondale Police at 623-333-7000.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night