PHOENIX — Interested in checking out some art this weekend?
You can do so by walking through Sky Harbor International Airport. It’s one of the homes of the Phoenix Airport Museum.
No, it doesn’t feature paintings of airplanes. Arizona flowers are now the focus of the “Full Bloom” exhibits that are on display.
“The work is in all of the display cases as you enter and exit concourses, which is real fun. There are eight (cases) of them,” said museum curator Lennie Eller.
Exhibits from 28 Arizona artists being displayed, and Eller said the artwork is diverse.
“We have everything from gorgeous quilts, to ceramic work, to photographs, to painting and sculpture,” Eller said.
She added she’s pretty happy with what’s on display.
“It’s amazing how you can take a simple subject and make it so diverse, and so interesting and so complex,” said Eller.
The Musical Instrument Museum is also preparing a display that will soon be available for viewing in Terminal 4.
Eller said that Sky Harbor isn’t the only Valley airport where you can see Phoenix Airport Museum exhibits.
“It’s also at Deer Valley and Goodyear. It’s at the rental car center and Terminals 2, 3 and 4 at Sky Harbor.”
You can also check out part of the exbition on the Sky Train as you make your way to and from Phoenix’s busiest airport.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments