PHOENIX — Interested in checking out some art this weekend?
You can do so by walking through Sky Harbor International Airport. It’s one of the homes of the Phoenix Airport Museum.
No, it doesn’t feature paintings of airplanes. Arizona flowers are now the focus of the “Full Bloom” exhibits that are on display.
“The work is in all of the display cases as you enter and exit concourses, which is real fun. There are eight (cases) of them,” said museum curator Lennie Eller.
Exhibits from 28 Arizona artists being displayed, and Eller said the artwork is diverse.
“We have everything from gorgeous quilts, to ceramic work, to photographs, to painting and sculpture,” Eller said.
She added she’s pretty happy with what’s on display.
“It’s amazing how you can take a simple subject and make it so diverse, and so interesting and so complex,” said Eller.
The Musical Instrument Museum is also preparing a display that will soon be available for viewing in Terminal 4.
Eller said that Sky Harbor isn’t the only Valley airport where you can see Phoenix Airport Museum exhibits.
“It’s also at Deer Valley and Goodyear. It’s at the rental car center and Terminals 2, 3 and 4 at Sky Harbor.”
You can also check out part of the exbition on the Sky Train as you make your way to and from Phoenix’s busiest airport.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food