PHOENIX — Interested in checking out some art this weekend?
You can do so by walking through Sky Harbor International Airport. It’s one of the homes of the Phoenix Airport Museum.
No, it doesn’t feature paintings of airplanes. Arizona flowers are now the focus of the “Full Bloom” exhibits that are on display.
“The work is in all of the display cases as you enter and exit concourses, which is real fun. There are eight (cases) of them,” said museum curator Lennie Eller.
Exhibits from 28 Arizona artists being displayed, and Eller said the artwork is diverse.
“We have everything from gorgeous quilts, to ceramic work, to photographs, to painting and sculpture,” Eller said.
She added she’s pretty happy with what’s on display.
“It’s amazing how you can take a simple subject and make it so diverse, and so interesting and so complex,” said Eller.
The Musical Instrument Museum is also preparing a display that will soon be available for viewing in Terminal 4.
Eller said that Sky Harbor isn’t the only Valley airport where you can see Phoenix Airport Museum exhibits.
“It’s also at Deer Valley and Goodyear. It’s at the rental car center and Terminals 2, 3 and 4 at Sky Harbor.”
You can also check out part of the exbition on the Sky Train as you make your way to and from Phoenix’s busiest airport.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night