PHOENIX — Five freeway-improvement projects may slow down traffic in the Phoenix area over the weekend. Plan to leave a little earlier if you have to take one of the following highways.
Northbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) will be closed between Interstate 10 and Camelback Road in Glendale from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Along the Northbound Loop 101, the on-ramps to McDowell, Thomas and Indian School roads in Glendale will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Sunday.
Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) will be closed between Elliot and Power roads in Mesa from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 7). Traffic can exit the freeway at Elliot Road and travel west to southbound Power Road to reconnect with westbound Loop 202.
Northbound State Route 51 ramp to westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) in north Phoenix will be narrowed to one lane from 4 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
Both Interstate 10 on-ramps at 7th Street will be closed overnight from 10 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for utility work. The westbound Interstate 10 on-ramp at 7th Street will also be closed at the same time, and northbound 7th Street will be closed at Roosevelt Street. Please use alternate routes, including 7th Avenue, to exit or enter I-10.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon