PHOENIX — Five freeway-improvement projects may slow down traffic in the Phoenix area over the weekend. Plan to leave a little earlier if you have to take one of the following highways.
Northbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) will be closed between Interstate 10 and Camelback Road in Glendale from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Along the Northbound Loop 101, the on-ramps to McDowell, Thomas and Indian School roads in Glendale will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Sunday.
Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) will be closed between Elliot and Power roads in Mesa from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 7). Traffic can exit the freeway at Elliot Road and travel west to southbound Power Road to reconnect with westbound Loop 202.
Northbound State Route 51 ramp to westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) in north Phoenix will be narrowed to one lane from 4 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
Both Interstate 10 on-ramps at 7th Street will be closed overnight from 10 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for utility work. The westbound Interstate 10 on-ramp at 7th Street will also be closed at the same time, and northbound 7th Street will be closed at Roosevelt Street. Please use alternate routes, including 7th Avenue, to exit or enter I-10.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night