PHOENIX — Five freeway-improvement projects may slow down traffic in the Phoenix area over the weekend. Plan to leave a little earlier if you have to take one of the following highways.
Northbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) will be closed between Interstate 10 and Camelback Road in Glendale from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Along the Northbound Loop 101, the on-ramps to McDowell, Thomas and Indian School roads in Glendale will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Sunday.
Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) will be closed between Elliot and Power roads in Mesa from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 7). Traffic can exit the freeway at Elliot Road and travel west to southbound Power Road to reconnect with westbound Loop 202.
Northbound State Route 51 ramp to westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) in north Phoenix will be narrowed to one lane from 4 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
Both Interstate 10 on-ramps at 7th Street will be closed overnight from 10 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for utility work. The westbound Interstate 10 on-ramp at 7th Street will also be closed at the same time, and northbound 7th Street will be closed at Roosevelt Street. Please use alternate routes, including 7th Avenue, to exit or enter I-10.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas