PHOENIX — Phoenix police are looking for a man they believe punched an elderly man in the head after an encounter in the checkout line.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson said a 66-year-old man was in a market near 16th Street and Thomas buying some items, including beer. He asked a Hispanic man in line if he wanted a beer, and that man became upset and words were exchanged. The victim left the store while the other man got into a white or light colored GMC Yukon or Tahoe SUV.
Thompson said that’s when things got ugly.
“As that man (the victim) was walking up the street, the suspect got out of the SUV and walked up behind him,” Thompson said. “The victim turned around in time to be struck in the head, and he fell on the ground.”
Thompson said the man was taken to the hospital but is not expected to survive.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male in his 20s, approximately 5’7″ and 150 to 170 pounds.
Anyone with information concerning the suspect or where the vehicle may be is encouraged to call the Phoenix Police Department Violent Crimes Bureau at 602-262-6141 or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS, 480-TESTIGO for Spanish.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development