PHOENIX — Phoenix police are looking for a man they believe punched an elderly man in the head after an encounter in the checkout line.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson said a 66-year-old man was in a market near 16th Street and Thomas buying some items, including beer. He asked a Hispanic man in line if he wanted a beer, and that man became upset and words were exchanged. The victim left the store while the other man got into a white or light colored GMC Yukon or Tahoe SUV.
Thompson said that’s when things got ugly.
“As that man (the victim) was walking up the street, the suspect got out of the SUV and walked up behind him,” Thompson said. “The victim turned around in time to be struck in the head, and he fell on the ground.”
Thompson said the man was taken to the hospital but is not expected to survive.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male in his 20s, approximately 5’7″ and 150 to 170 pounds.
Anyone with information concerning the suspect or where the vehicle may be is encouraged to call the Phoenix Police Department Violent Crimes Bureau at 602-262-6141 or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS, 480-TESTIGO for Spanish.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick