The city of Mesa announced it’s partnered with a website aimed at easing communication with residents, a city official said Tuesday.
The city announced it has partnered with Nextdoor.com, a private social networking site for neighborhoods. It allows residents to communicate with others in their neighborhood about anything they find important, from lost dogs to suspicious people walking around.
Neighborhood Outreach Coordinator Lindsey Balinkie said now that the city is on the website, residents can communicate easily with them about issues concerning their neighborhood.
“We see this as a resource that is growing throughout Mesa and throughout the country really, and so we decided to join in as well to just use it as another way for us to communicate with neighborhoods,” she said.
Balinkie said there are already 131 neighborhoods in Mesa that are using the site.
“We can connect with new people, we often connect with hundreds of neighborhoods all over Mesa, but we don’t connect with every resident,” she said. “So many residents that we don’t know are joining Nextdoor and we’ll be contacting them and communicating with them through the new site.”
Balinkie said it’s also useful for the city to let residents know about upcoming events, such as community meetings.
“It allows us to share important city information and news and also hear from the neighborhoods about their concerns,” Balinkie said.
The site is free to use for the city and for residents, but users must have their addresses verified.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon