PHOENIX — More than 200 skydivers will attempt to set a record this week in the skies over Arizona.
“We’re definitely on track and moving towards the goal,” said Rob Leitlaw, captain of one of the participating teams. “We have until Friday to do this but right now we’re probably ahead of schedule.”
Leitlaw and 221 other skydivers will attempt to create the largest double-formation skydive ever. They have 80 seconds to jump from the plane and establish the formation before deploying their chutes.
Leitlaw said it will take practice to get it right, but things are progressing well.
“The probability of building — you have to realize 222 people (have) to try and be in sync with each other — is a pretty big deal,” he said.
The previous record for such a maneuver was set by 110 people in Florida in 2013.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy