PHOENIX — More than 200 skydivers will attempt to set a record this week in the skies over Arizona.
“We’re definitely on track and moving towards the goal,” said Rob Leitlaw, captain of one of the participating teams. “We have until Friday to do this but right now we’re probably ahead of schedule.”
Leitlaw and 221 other skydivers will attempt to create the largest double-formation skydive ever. They have 80 seconds to jump from the plane and establish the formation before deploying their chutes.
Leitlaw said it will take practice to get it right, but things are progressing well.
“The probability of building — you have to realize 222 people (have) to try and be in sync with each other — is a pretty big deal,” he said.
The previous record for such a maneuver was set by 110 people in Florida in 2013.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development