PHOENIX — More than 55,000 people are expected at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale for the match between Mexico and the United States on Wednesday.
Scott Norton with the stadium said both teams bring a passionate fan base and the atmosphere should rival an Arizona Cardinals game.
“The fans love this,” he said. “They’re on their feet constantly. There will be a lot of green jerseys and a lot of red, white and blue in the venue. It’s really one of our finest events.”
This may be an exhibition game but there’s a lot riding on the line for the players.
“You have guys on both teams trying to make the World Cup teams,” said Norton. “Certainly this is an important game for them.”
University of Phoenix Stadium last hosted the American and Mexican national teams in 2007.
Wednesday’s match begins at 8 p.m. Tickets are still available at the stadium or at Ticketmaster.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development