PHOENIX — More than 55,000 people are expected at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale for the match between Mexico and the United States on Wednesday.
Scott Norton with the stadium said both teams bring a passionate fan base and the atmosphere should rival an Arizona Cardinals game.
“The fans love this,” he said. “They’re on their feet constantly. There will be a lot of green jerseys and a lot of red, white and blue in the venue. It’s really one of our finest events.”
This may be an exhibition game but there’s a lot riding on the line for the players.
“You have guys on both teams trying to make the World Cup teams,” said Norton. “Certainly this is an important game for them.”
University of Phoenix Stadium last hosted the American and Mexican national teams in 2007.
Wednesday’s match begins at 8 p.m. Tickets are still available at the stadium or at Ticketmaster.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.