PHOENIX — A Mesa man who was staying with friends in Pinal County has allegedly admitted to molesting a young girl, the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office said.
Zachary Johns was arrested Monday after the girl’s mother contacted police on March 17 about alleged sexual contact that occurred between July and December 2013.
PCSO said Johns admitted to showering with the girl, kissing her and having her perform oral sex on him. He claimed he was under the influence of both prescription drugs and alcohol.
“Zachary Johns betrayed the trust of this victim and her family,” said Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu. “He then tried to blame the young victim for what occurred. There is no excuse to ever inappropriately touch a child. Zachary is a sexual predator who is now behind bars where he belongs.”
Johns was charged with child molestation.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life