PHOENIX — Spring training in Arizona just ended its 68th season, and despite fewer game days, over 1.6 million fans came to cheer on their favorite teams.
In 2013, 1.73 million fans attended Cactus League games, compared to 1.686 million this year. This year’s schedule was a little different, however, and a few factors played into the slightly lower attendance total.
There were 32 game days this year, as opposed to 37 in 2013, but the “daily turnout far outpac[ed] last year’s attendance mark after 32 game days,” according to a press release. After 32 days of game play this year, “attendance was 121,000 higher than the same period last year.”
In addition to fewer game days, Arizona lost both the Diamondbacks and the Los Angeles Dodgers to a series in Australia, which also led to an overall lower attendance.
The opening of Cubs Park set attendance records this year, and in spring 2015, the Oakland A’s will move into their new ballpark at a renovated Hohokam Stadium.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food