PHOENIX — A series of cold fronts moving across Arizona will boost the state’s chances of blowing dust and dust storms, the National Weather Service said Monday.
“We’re getting into that time of year,” said Austin Jamison with the NWS. “A windy situation with dry cold fronts — getting to that season where the potential for widespread blowing dust, or even localized blowing dust, rises.”
Jamison said he doesn’t expect a full-on dust storm like the state experienced last week, but the blowing dust could cause issues on Interstate 10 between Phoenix and Tucson.
“(It’s) one of the most vulnerable areas in the state for having blowing dust causing reduced visibilities which then creates hazardous driving conditions,” he said.
The cold fronts may bring some rain to the Valley on Wednesday.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development