PHOENIX — A series of cold fronts moving across Arizona will boost the state’s chances of blowing dust and dust storms, the National Weather Service said Monday.
“We’re getting into that time of year,” said Austin Jamison with the NWS. “A windy situation with dry cold fronts — getting to that season where the potential for widespread blowing dust, or even localized blowing dust, rises.”
Jamison said he doesn’t expect a full-on dust storm like the state experienced last week, but the blowing dust could cause issues on Interstate 10 between Phoenix and Tucson.
“(It’s) one of the most vulnerable areas in the state for having blowing dust causing reduced visibilities which then creates hazardous driving conditions,” he said.
The cold fronts may bring some rain to the Valley on Wednesday.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments