PHOENIX — Filing a claim through Veteran Affairs can be daunting and complicated, which is why the American Legion is holding a town hall meeting Monday to help veterans navigate through the process.
“What are the issues and concerns?” said Verna Jones, director for the American Legion National Headquarters, Veteran Affairs and Rehabilitation. “We’re here to do our ROAR visits.”
The yearly ROAR (Regional Office Action Review) allows members of the American Legion’s ROAR team to evaluate the accuracy and effectiveness of procedures in place for the processing of benefits claims submitted by veterans.
“We look to see if the VA is doing what needs to be done, according to the law,” she said.
In order to give veterans and their families the proper guidelines they may need when filing and processing their pension and/or disability claims at the VA regional office in Phoenix, a town hall meeting will be held at the American Legion Post 41, located at 715 S. Second Ave. in Phoenix on Monday at 7 p.m.
Particular claims will not be able to be processed or filed during the town hall meeting due to privacy, explained Jones. However, it will be a time to ask key questions to help ease their concerns about the process.
“The number one question from our veterans is ‘Why it is taking so long?'”
According to the American Legion, there are more than 500,000 veterans living in Arizona.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments