PHOENIX — Filing a claim through Veteran Affairs can be daunting and complicated, which is why the American Legion is holding a town hall meeting Monday to help veterans navigate through the process.
“What are the issues and concerns?” said Verna Jones, director for the American Legion National Headquarters, Veteran Affairs and Rehabilitation. “We’re here to do our ROAR visits.”
The yearly ROAR (Regional Office Action Review) allows members of the American Legion’s ROAR team to evaluate the accuracy and effectiveness of procedures in place for the processing of benefits claims submitted by veterans.
“We look to see if the VA is doing what needs to be done, according to the law,” she said.
In order to give veterans and their families the proper guidelines they may need when filing and processing their pension and/or disability claims at the VA regional office in Phoenix, a town hall meeting will be held at the American Legion Post 41, located at 715 S. Second Ave. in Phoenix on Monday at 7 p.m.
Particular claims will not be able to be processed or filed during the town hall meeting due to privacy, explained Jones. However, it will be a time to ask key questions to help ease their concerns about the process.
“The number one question from our veterans is ‘Why it is taking so long?'”
According to the American Legion, there are more than 500,000 veterans living in Arizona.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development