PHOENIX — Filing a claim through Veteran Affairs can be daunting and complicated, which is why the American Legion is holding a town hall meeting Monday to help veterans navigate through the process.
“What are the issues and concerns?” said Verna Jones, director for the American Legion National Headquarters, Veteran Affairs and Rehabilitation. “We’re here to do our ROAR visits.”
The yearly ROAR (Regional Office Action Review) allows members of the American Legion’s ROAR team to evaluate the accuracy and effectiveness of procedures in place for the processing of benefits claims submitted by veterans.
“We look to see if the VA is doing what needs to be done, according to the law,” she said.
In order to give veterans and their families the proper guidelines they may need when filing and processing their pension and/or disability claims at the VA regional office in Phoenix, a town hall meeting will be held at the American Legion Post 41, located at 715 S. Second Ave. in Phoenix on Monday at 7 p.m.
Particular claims will not be able to be processed or filed during the town hall meeting due to privacy, explained Jones. However, it will be a time to ask key questions to help ease their concerns about the process.
“The number one question from our veterans is ‘Why it is taking so long?'”
According to the American Legion, there are more than 500,000 veterans living in Arizona.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food