PHOENIX — If you want to take in a major league baseball game but don’t want to break the bank, head down to Chase Field, home of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
According to a study conducted by Team Marketing Report, the D-backs have the second-cheapest average ticket price in baseball with $17.98.
Arizona was only beaten out by the San Diego Padres, whose $16.37 ticket price average is the lowest in the majors. The average ticket cost is $27.93.
But D-backs fans save at more than the box office. The club is tied for the cheapest beer at $4 and has the cheapest hat in baseball at $9.99.
The D-backs also have the cheapest overall price to take a family to a baseball game. TMR’s study assumes the family buys four non-premium season tickets, two beers, four sodas, four hot dogs, parking, a program and two hats. It costs $126.89 for all that, well below the league’s average of $212.46.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier