PHOENIX — Saturday evening, the Buckeye Police Department released the sketch of the man they believe tried to abduct a young girl Thursday.
According to Buckeye PD, the incident happened around 4:30 p.m. MST, as the girl was walking home from school between Fifth Street and Centre Avenue.
During her walk home, the victim was suddenly approached by a man, described to be between 40 and 50 years age. The man was also wearing gray pants, a black jacket, a black hat and a red bandana on the lower half of his face.
The suspect reportedly approached the girl in his dark blue, four-door sedan and called for to enter the vehicle.
After rejecting the offer, the girl continued to walk away from the vehicle, prompting the male suspect to get out and chase her.
Officials believe the chase went on for about a block, until the girl was able to hide behind some bushes at a nearby, abandoned house.
Following the girl’s return home, her mother reported the incident to BPD, but a door-to-door canvas of the neighborhood didn’t open any leads.
At this time, the Buckeye Police Deparment is asking anyone that recognizes the man in the sketch or knows any information about the case to contact Det. Joe Preston at (623)-349-6400.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas