PHOENIX — Saturday evening, the Buckeye Police Department released the sketch of the man they believe tried to abduct a young girl Thursday.
According to Buckeye PD, the incident happened around 4:30 p.m. MST, as the girl was walking home from school between Fifth Street and Centre Avenue.
During her walk home, the victim was suddenly approached by a man, described to be between 40 and 50 years age. The man was also wearing gray pants, a black jacket, a black hat and a red bandana on the lower half of his face.
The suspect reportedly approached the girl in his dark blue, four-door sedan and called for to enter the vehicle.
After rejecting the offer, the girl continued to walk away from the vehicle, prompting the male suspect to get out and chase her.
Officials believe the chase went on for about a block, until the girl was able to hide behind some bushes at a nearby, abandoned house.
Following the girl’s return home, her mother reported the incident to BPD, but a door-to-door canvas of the neighborhood didn’t open any leads.
At this time, the Buckeye Police Deparment is asking anyone that recognizes the man in the sketch or knows any information about the case to contact Det. Joe Preston at (623)-349-6400.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon