PHOENIX — Saturday evening, the Buckeye Police Department released the sketch of the man they believe tried to abduct a young girl Thursday.
According to Buckeye PD, the incident happened around 4:30 p.m. MST, as the girl was walking home from school between Fifth Street and Centre Avenue.
During her walk home, the victim was suddenly approached by a man, described to be between 40 and 50 years age. The man was also wearing gray pants, a black jacket, a black hat and a red bandana on the lower half of his face.
The suspect reportedly approached the girl in his dark blue, four-door sedan and called for to enter the vehicle.
After rejecting the offer, the girl continued to walk away from the vehicle, prompting the male suspect to get out and chase her.
Officials believe the chase went on for about a block, until the girl was able to hide behind some bushes at a nearby, abandoned house.
Following the girl’s return home, her mother reported the incident to BPD, but a door-to-door canvas of the neighborhood didn’t open any leads.
At this time, the Buckeye Police Deparment is asking anyone that recognizes the man in the sketch or knows any information about the case to contact Det. Joe Preston at (623)-349-6400.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain