PHOENIX — An 18-year-old female has died after falling from the 10th floor of an apartment complex near Arizona State University early Sunday morning.
At 2:40 a.m. MST, the Tempe Police and Tempe Fire Departments responded to the initial call and arrived at the scene located at 922 E. Apache Blvd. Upon arrival, officials with the Tempe PD investigated the fall and attempted to treat the victim’s injuries.
The victim, identified as Naomi McClendon from Kansas, was later transported to a local area hospital, where she died from her injuries.
“Our detectives are still out there trying to figure out what happened,” Tempe PD Sgt. Mike Pooley told KTAR. “It appears from the video that alcohol was a factor in this. She appeared to be very unstable on her feet, extremely intoxicated.
“She was out on the balcony by herself and just fell off.”
Pooley added that McClendon did not live in the complex, however she was there visiting friends.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development