PHOENIX — Ski season in Flagstaff, Ariz. will officially come to a close Sunday, Arizona Snowbowl said in an email.
The ski resort said it would close March 30 after deciding against adding bonus weekends into April.
“We thank everyone that visited Arizona Snowbowl this winter season, and we appreciate the passion shared by winter enthusiasts.” said Arizona Snowbowl General Manager J.R. Murray in the email.
The resort stayed open this season primarily because of snow-making technology. The mountain normally receives an average of 260 inches of snow annually, but only received about 100 inches in the 2013-14 season.
Snowbowl will open for the summer season Memorial Day weekend. It will offer chairlift rides and hiking and biking trails.
“We look forward to seeing everyone back at Snowbowl this summer,” said Murray.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development