PHOENIX — Ski season in Flagstaff, Ariz. will officially come to a close Sunday, Arizona Snowbowl said in an email.
The ski resort said it would close March 30 after deciding against adding bonus weekends into April.
“We thank everyone that visited Arizona Snowbowl this winter season, and we appreciate the passion shared by winter enthusiasts.” said Arizona Snowbowl General Manager J.R. Murray in the email.
The resort stayed open this season primarily because of snow-making technology. The mountain normally receives an average of 260 inches of snow annually, but only received about 100 inches in the 2013-14 season.
Snowbowl will open for the summer season Memorial Day weekend. It will offer chairlift rides and hiking and biking trails.
“We look forward to seeing everyone back at Snowbowl this summer,” said Murray.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier