PHOENIX — Ski season in Flagstaff, Ariz. will officially come to a close Sunday, Arizona Snowbowl said in an email.
The ski resort said it would close March 30 after deciding against adding bonus weekends into April.
“We thank everyone that visited Arizona Snowbowl this winter season, and we appreciate the passion shared by winter enthusiasts.” said Arizona Snowbowl General Manager J.R. Murray in the email.
The resort stayed open this season primarily because of snow-making technology. The mountain normally receives an average of 260 inches of snow annually, but only received about 100 inches in the 2013-14 season.
Snowbowl will open for the summer season Memorial Day weekend. It will offer chairlift rides and hiking and biking trails.
“We look forward to seeing everyone back at Snowbowl this summer,” said Murray.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them