PHOENIX — The voters have spoken — Goodyear Ballpark was chosen second-best spring training facility in baseball and No. 1 in the Cactus League in a reader’s choice travel poll.
Scottsdale’s Salt River Fields, shared by the Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies, and Mesa’s Cubs Park also cracked the top 10 list engineered by USA Today.
Salt River Fields was No. 3, while Cubs Park, which opened Feb. 27, was eighth.
The Goodyear park is home to the Cincinnati Reds and Cleveland Indians.
What beat Goodyear for overall No. 1? Charlotte Sports Park in Port Charlotte, Fla., where the Tampa Bay Rays train.
“They told us we ran a great campaign,” said Debbie Diveney, business-operations supervisor of Goodyear Ballpark in a statement.
“We tried to have fun with it, we even had fans voting live with us at the games … It was a valiant effort on our part. Thanks to all the fans who participated. Wait ‘til next year,” she said.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain