PHOENIX — The voters have spoken — Goodyear Ballpark was chosen second-best spring training facility in baseball and No. 1 in the Cactus League in a reader’s choice travel poll.
Scottsdale’s Salt River Fields, shared by the Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies, and Mesa’s Cubs Park also cracked the top 10 list engineered by USA Today.
Salt River Fields was No. 3, while Cubs Park, which opened Feb. 27, was eighth.
The Goodyear park is home to the Cincinnati Reds and Cleveland Indians.
What beat Goodyear for overall No. 1? Charlotte Sports Park in Port Charlotte, Fla., where the Tampa Bay Rays train.
“They told us we ran a great campaign,” said Debbie Diveney, business-operations supervisor of Goodyear Ballpark in a statement.
“We tried to have fun with it, we even had fans voting live with us at the games … It was a valiant effort on our part. Thanks to all the fans who participated. Wait ‘til next year,” she said.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development