PHOENIX — Chandler police are seeking the public’s help into an investigation of a strange event that happened early Wednesday morning.
Chandler Police Sgt. Joe Favazzo said officers were called to the area of Arizona and Warner roads about 12:30 a.m.
“There were some witnesses there that saw four men get out of a white minivan and apparently force another male subject into that fan and then they left the area at a high rate of speed,” he said.
Favazzo said the van had been spotted at several apartment complexes in the area but police aren’t sure what happened.
“At this point, we don’t know what we have,” he said. “We don’t know if this a prank, we don’t know if this is a real kidnapping or something that happened. We just really don’t know at this point.”
The vehicle in question is described as being a white minivan, possibly a 1990s Ford Windstar or similar model with no hubcaps.
The person pulled into the van was described as being a white male between 17 and 20 years of age and was wearing a distinct green and black shirt.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Chandler Police Department at (480) 782-4105 and refer to case No. 2014-33373.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains