PHOENIX — Chandler police are seeking the public’s help into an investigation of a strange event that happened early Wednesday morning.
Chandler Police Sgt. Joe Favazzo said officers were called to the area of Arizona and Warner roads about 12:30 a.m.
“There were some witnesses there that saw four men get out of a white minivan and apparently force another male subject into that fan and then they left the area at a high rate of speed,” he said.
Favazzo said the van had been spotted at several apartment complexes in the area but police aren’t sure what happened.
“At this point, we don’t know what we have,” he said. “We don’t know if this a prank, we don’t know if this is a real kidnapping or something that happened. We just really don’t know at this point.”
The vehicle in question is described as being a white minivan, possibly a 1990s Ford Windstar or similar model with no hubcaps.
The person pulled into the van was described as being a white male between 17 and 20 years of age and was wearing a distinct green and black shirt.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Chandler Police Department at (480) 782-4105 and refer to case No. 2014-33373.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier