PHOENIX — A small dust storm blew through the northwest Valley on Wednesday.
It spread a new layer of dust across the Valley and filled the air with particulate.
The storm was smaller than one that hit the southern portion of the Valley on Tuesday.
“There’s a slight possibility of some areas of dense, blowing dust but I think, for the most part, it looks like visibility should stay pretty good,” said Marvin Percha with the National Weather Service.
Arizona is no stranger to large dust storms or haboobs, though the NWS said Tuesday’s storm was unseasonably early.
“We usually don’t see this until the summer when you get those really big supercells,” meteorologist James Quinones added.
Windy conditions are expected to continue through Thursday as a small front moves through the state. Gusts were expected to be as high as 40 mph Wednesday.
KTAR’s Paul Ihander and Jeremy Foster contributed to this report.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development