PHOENIX — A small dust storm blew through the northwest Valley on Wednesday.
It spread a new layer of dust across the Valley and filled the air with particulate.
The storm was smaller than one that hit the southern portion of the Valley on Tuesday.
“There’s a slight possibility of some areas of dense, blowing dust but I think, for the most part, it looks like visibility should stay pretty good,” said Marvin Percha with the National Weather Service.
Arizona is no stranger to large dust storms or haboobs, though the NWS said Tuesday’s storm was unseasonably early.
“We usually don’t see this until the summer when you get those really big supercells,” meteorologist James Quinones added.
Windy conditions are expected to continue through Thursday as a small front moves through the state. Gusts were expected to be as high as 40 mph Wednesday.
KTAR’s Paul Ihander and Jeremy Foster contributed to this report.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night