PHOENIX — The deadline is Monday, March 31, the last chance to sign up for the Affordable Healthcare Act before it’s too late this year.
The senior advisor to the president is in Phoenix and spoke at the Burton Barr Central Library to encourage people to sign up.
“We want people to sign up today. Don’t wait until the last day,” said Senior White House Advisor Valerie Jarrett. “Go on right now, look at the options that are available for you, figure out the plan that meets the needs of you and your family. Take a day, go back and then register.”
After the deadline residents, will have to wait until the next enrollment period sometime at the end of the year, plus pay a fee.
“Make a really wise decision for you and your family and take advantage of this,” she said.
To sign up, go to healthcare.gov.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night