PHOENIX — The deadline to enroll in the health care exchange quickly approaches and only a small fraction of Arizona residents are currently in compliance with the law.
The United States Department of Health and Human Services is expected to release data later this week, but according to the Arizona Alliance for Community Health Centers, roughly 75,000 Arizona residents have enrolled. The number of uninsured residents in the state prior to the marketplace was 1.1 million, or 1 in 5 Arizonans, in August 2013.
“It’s the responsible thing to do and you’re helping the country share the cost of everyone having health care,” said John Burke, health care adviser with H&R Block. “We definitely love helping people. This is an area where people come in and they don’t understand, but they walk out with a better understanding and a more positive outlook.”
To help Valley residents who still have not enrolled in the Arizona Health Insurance Marketplace, H&R Block is extending store hours at select locations across the Valley. The enrollment assistance is free and will be conducted by H&R Block’s licensed, certified health care advisers.
The extended hours will run from 6 a.m. to
midnight on Friday, March 28, and Saturday, March 29.
H&R Block said in a press release they hope to “help Arizonans find the best plan available while avoiding the tax penalties
associated with not enrolling.”
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them