PHOENIX — The deadline to enroll in the health care exchange quickly approaches and only a small fraction of Arizona residents are currently in compliance with the law.
The United States Department of Health and Human Services is expected to release data later this week, but according to the Arizona Alliance for Community Health Centers, roughly 75,000 Arizona residents have enrolled. The number of uninsured residents in the state prior to the marketplace was 1.1 million, or 1 in 5 Arizonans, in August 2013.
“It’s the responsible thing to do and you’re helping the country share the cost of everyone having health care,” said John Burke, health care adviser with H&R Block. “We definitely love helping people. This is an area where people come in and they don’t understand, but they walk out with a better understanding and a more positive outlook.”
To help Valley residents who still have not enrolled in the Arizona Health Insurance Marketplace, H&R Block is extending store hours at select locations across the Valley. The enrollment assistance is free and will be conducted by H&R Block’s licensed, certified health care advisers.
The extended hours will run from 6 a.m. to
midnight on Friday, March 28, and Saturday, March 29.
H&R Block said in a press release they hope to “help Arizonans find the best plan available while avoiding the tax penalties
associated with not enrolling.”
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas