PHOENIX — A University of Arizona fan was reportedly denied entry at a Scottsdale bar over the weekend because of his attire.
Being rejected from an upscale bar in the area is not out of the norm, but the Arizona Daily Star reported that the bar allowed in several other people who violated Hi-Fi Kitchen & Cocktails’ dress code.
“It’s pretty crazy,” said Underwood, a 35-year-old Tucson High School graduate who has lived in the Phoenix area since 1999.
Underwood said he was wearing a black three-button casual shirt, blue jeans and black non-athletic Nike dress shoes. His gray University of Arizona ball cap had the “A” logo in red and white outline.
Underwood said he put the cap back in his car and returned, only to be told he was still not permitted to enter. The bouncer told him that, once a customer is rejected for dress code, they would not be allowed in.
Underwood claimed that several other people in tank tops were allowed to enter.
The club said dress code enforcement is at the discretion of the bouncers. In a later statement, it also said Underwood’s UA attire had no effect on his rejection and the bar is hosting viewing parties for the on-going NCAA tournament.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.