PHOENIX — A University of Arizona fan was reportedly denied entry at a Scottsdale bar over the weekend because of his attire.
Being rejected from an upscale bar in the area is not out of the norm, but the Arizona Daily Star reported that the bar allowed in several other people who violated Hi-Fi Kitchen & Cocktails’ dress code.
“It’s pretty crazy,” said Underwood, a 35-year-old Tucson High School graduate who has lived in the Phoenix area since 1999.
Underwood said he was wearing a black three-button casual shirt, blue jeans and black non-athletic Nike dress shoes. His gray University of Arizona ball cap had the “A” logo in red and white outline.
Underwood said he put the cap back in his car and returned, only to be told he was still not permitted to enter. The bouncer told him that, once a customer is rejected for dress code, they would not be allowed in.
Underwood claimed that several other people in tank tops were allowed to enter.
The club said dress code enforcement is at the discretion of the bouncers. In a later statement, it also said Underwood’s UA attire had no effect on his rejection and the bar is hosting viewing parties for the on-going NCAA tournament.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy