PHOENIX – Move over, bookworms. Librarians have several new ways to identify customers.
As part of its strategic plan, the Phoenix Public Library analyzed user information and conducted online and in-person surveys at 14 locations. The data led to eight groups, or “clusters,” based on how people use libraries.
22.3 percent of users who use both electronic and traditional physical materials.
17.4 percent of users who check out mostly physical materials.
16 percent of users who use library services less often.
11.2 percent of users who mostly visit to check out children’s materials and attend children’s programs.
10.5 percent of users who rely on libraries to access free Wi-Fi to do educational or professional work.
10 percent of users who rely on library computers for Internet access.
7.2 percent of users who primarily check out movies.
5.4 percent of users who check out materials designed for teenagers.
According to a city report, the information will help Phoenix libraries better understand customers and tailor resources and services to meet their needs.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them