PHOENIX – Move over, bookworms. Librarians have several new ways to identify customers.
As part of its strategic plan, the Phoenix Public Library analyzed user information and conducted online and in-person surveys at 14 locations. The data led to eight groups, or “clusters,” based on how people use libraries.
22.3 percent of users who use both electronic and traditional physical materials.
17.4 percent of users who check out mostly physical materials.
16 percent of users who use library services less often.
11.2 percent of users who mostly visit to check out children’s materials and attend children’s programs.
10.5 percent of users who rely on libraries to access free Wi-Fi to do educational or professional work.
10 percent of users who rely on library computers for Internet access.
7.2 percent of users who primarily check out movies.
5.4 percent of users who check out materials designed for teenagers.
According to a city report, the information will help Phoenix libraries better understand customers and tailor resources and services to meet their needs.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas