PHOENIX — Take a ride in a piece of history at Deer Valley Airport this weekend.
The famous Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress and the North American P-51 Mustang, in use during World War II, will be available to ride or tour this coming weekend.
“It’s a labor of love for us and it’s an honor, as well, to be able to do it,” said Ron Gause, who pilots one of only 14 B-17s that still fly today. “We do this to honor those World War II veterans that sacrificed so much for us and also to teach our younger generation a little bit of what it was like.”
Rides and tours of the planes will take place March 29-30 at Deer Valley Airport. The cost is $450 per person for a 30-minute flight. The tours are free.
The fees go to the Liberty Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, dedicated to keeping the planes on tour and out of a museum.
You can reserve a seat at the Liberty Foundation website.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.