PHOENIX — Take a ride in a piece of history at Deer Valley Airport this weekend.
The famous Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress and the North American P-51 Mustang, in use during World War II, will be available to ride or tour this coming weekend.
“It’s a labor of love for us and it’s an honor, as well, to be able to do it,” said Ron Gause, who pilots one of only 14 B-17s that still fly today. “We do this to honor those World War II veterans that sacrificed so much for us and also to teach our younger generation a little bit of what it was like.”
Rides and tours of the planes will take place March 29-30 at Deer Valley Airport. The cost is $450 per person for a 30-minute flight. The tours are free.
The fees go to the Liberty Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, dedicated to keeping the planes on tour and out of a museum.
You can reserve a seat at the Liberty Foundation website.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development