PHOENIX — Take a ride in a piece of history at Deer Valley Airport this weekend.
The famous Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress and the North American P-51 Mustang, in use during World War II, will be available to ride or tour this coming weekend.
“It’s a labor of love for us and it’s an honor, as well, to be able to do it,” said Ron Gause, who pilots one of only 14 B-17s that still fly today. “We do this to honor those World War II veterans that sacrificed so much for us and also to teach our younger generation a little bit of what it was like.”
Rides and tours of the planes will take place March 29-30 at Deer Valley Airport. The cost is $450 per person for a 30-minute flight. The tours are free.
The fees go to the Liberty Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, dedicated to keeping the planes on tour and out of a museum.
You can reserve a seat at the Liberty Foundation website.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever