PHOENIX — Take a ride in a piece of history at Deer Valley Airport this weekend.
The famous Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress and the North American P-51 Mustang, in use during World War II, will be available to ride or tour this coming weekend.
“It’s a labor of love for us and it’s an honor, as well, to be able to do it,” said Ron Gause, who pilots one of only 14 B-17s that still fly today. “We do this to honor those World War II veterans that sacrificed so much for us and also to teach our younger generation a little bit of what it was like.”
Rides and tours of the planes will take place March 29-30 at Deer Valley Airport. The cost is $450 per person for a 30-minute flight. The tours are free.
The fees go to the Liberty Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, dedicated to keeping the planes on tour and out of a museum.
You can reserve a seat at the Liberty Foundation website.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments