PHOENIX — A track coach at a Valley charter school has been arrested on suspicion of having sexual contact with a student, police said Monday.
Bo Reed, 48, was arrested after two of the 17-year-old victim’s friends signed on to her Facebook account and checked her messages.
“They saw something that they didn’t think was appropriate or correct and they told someone about it,” said Phoenix Police Officer James Holmes. “Kudos to them.”
Holmes said Reed, a coach at Veritas Prep Academy in Phoenix, admitted to both sending the messages and engaging in sexual conduct with the teen.
Reed is being held on $54,000 bond. He made his initial appearance Monday and is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on April 2.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development