COLORADO CITY, Ariz. — Authorities are investigating a fire in a community near the Arizona-Utah border that left four people, including an infant, with burns.
Mohave County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Trish Carter said a couple, their 8-month-old daughter and a 15-year-old female, a family friend, were all airlifted to various hospitals Saturday after escaping a fire in a mobile home in Cane Beds.
Carter said Colorado City firefighters responded around 7:10 a.m. and found all four victims in the front yard.
Carter said the mother was taken to a hospital in Las Vegas and the other three were transported to Salt Lake City hospitals.
The condition of all four is unknown.
Investigators said it appears a valve on a propane gas line behind the stove was leaking but they do not know what ignited it.