PHOENIX — April is Valley Bike Month, which was established to bring attention to bicycling as a fun, healthy, inexpensive and environmentally friendly way to get around town.
Several events are planned for the month-long event, including a Kids Bike Rodeo in Mesa on Saturday, April 5.
Valley Metro spokesperson Susan Tierney said children will learn some valuable skills at the event.
“(You will learn) to wear your helmet, use the proper signals, wear bright-colored clothing — things that are going to keep you safe when you’re on your two wheels,” Tierney said.
Prizes will be given out during the month, and some Valley businesses will have special discounts for people who ride their bikes.
Tierney said that Valley Bike Month is a good way to remind Valley residents to maintain and use their bikes.
“Get your bicycle tires pumped up and your chain greased up, and get out there with your helmet and have some fun on a bike,” she said.
Click here to find out more information about Valley Bike Month.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths