PHOENIX — April is Valley Bike Month, which was established to bring attention to bicycling as a fun, healthy, inexpensive and environmentally friendly way to get around town.
Several events are planned for the month-long event, including a Kids Bike Rodeo in Mesa on Saturday, April 5.
Valley Metro spokesperson Susan Tierney said children will learn some valuable skills at the event.
“(You will learn) to wear your helmet, use the proper signals, wear bright-colored clothing — things that are going to keep you safe when you’re on your two wheels,” Tierney said.
Prizes will be given out during the month, and some Valley businesses will have special discounts for people who ride their bikes.
Tierney said that Valley Bike Month is a good way to remind Valley residents to maintain and use their bikes.
“Get your bicycle tires pumped up and your chain greased up, and get out there with your helmet and have some fun on a bike,” she said.
Click here to find out more information about Valley Bike Month.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon