PHOENIX — The Chandler Fire Department is seeking volunteers that would like to assist firefighters in a door-to-door campaign to raise water safety awareness.
Volunteers and firefighters plan to blanket local neighborhoods, as they’ve done for the past three years, to reach out to residents in order to share a message that might prevent future tragedies. “Eye To Eye to Supervise” is this year’s theme. The goal is to stress the importance of direct and constant adult supervision of children around water.
The Chandler Fire Department’s 2014 drowning prevention campaign kicks off Saturday, March 29, at 9 a.m. Volunteers will meet at the Desert Oasis Aquatic Center, located at 1400 W. Summit Place. Interested residents should call 480-782-2141 before Saturday.
Water safety tips and drowning prevention information is available at ChandlerAZ.gov/Fire.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick