PHOENIX — A 2-year-old girl was found alone in a Phoenix park just after 2 p.m. Friday.
Phoenix policed searched the area surrounding Solano Park — near 17th and Montebello avenues — for hours, looking for the parents and information on the toddler, eventually turning her over to Child Protective Services.
Witnesses said they saw three adults with other children leave the area in a white minivan, but they were not certain that the lost child was a part of that group.
Police said two women arrived at the park together in the early evening to claim the young girl. One woman, determined to be the child’s mother, was eventually arrested, while the other was questioned by police.
The mother was identified as Fredeana Collins, a 36-year-old Native American. The child will remain in CPS’ custody while the mother is being booked for child neglect and having alcohol in a city park.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon