PHOENIX — A little White House history will be in the Valley this weekend, when former first family the Clintons host their Global Initiative University in Tempe.
Former President Bill Clinton, wife and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and daughter Chelsea Clinton host their seventh annual event, which gives students, politicians and celebrities the chance to meet and discuss global issues. The international conference will be held at Arizona State University’s SkySong. The event is scheduled to kick off Friday.
Scheduled speakers include Gabrielle Giffords, U.S. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), late-night TV host Jimmy Kimmel, who attended ASU and Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales.
Bill Clinton, who founded the initiative in 2007, will moderate a panel on “The Age of Participation” on Friday. McCain and Wales will be panelists.
Saturday’s panel will feature Clinton, Chelsea Clinton and Kimmel.
A live webcast of the seminars is set to be available starting Friday evening.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon