PHOENIX — A little White House history will be in the Valley this weekend, when former first family the Clintons host their Global Initiative University in Tempe.
Former President Bill Clinton, wife and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and daughter Chelsea Clinton host their seventh annual event, which gives students, politicians and celebrities the chance to meet and discuss global issues. The international conference will be held at Arizona State University’s SkySong. The event is scheduled to kick off Friday.
Scheduled speakers include Gabrielle Giffords, U.S. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), late-night TV host Jimmy Kimmel, who attended ASU and Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales.
Bill Clinton, who founded the initiative in 2007, will moderate a panel on “The Age of Participation” on Friday. McCain and Wales will be panelists.
Saturday’s panel will feature Clinton, Chelsea Clinton and Kimmel.
A live webcast of the seminars is set to be available starting Friday evening.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain