PHOENIX — Don’t let the lack of snowfall fool you — there’s plenty of good skiing on the San Fancisco peaks.
“We’ve committed to staying open seven days a week though March 30,” said Ryan Hartl, with Arizona Snowbowl.
He said they could even have a few bonus weekends in April, depending on weather and popularity.
“It’s always based on what the snow conditions, the weather conditions are and your demand, actually,” he said. “So get up here and ski and the more we see you, the more likely we are to open some more days.”
Snowbowl averages 260 inches of snow each year but the area has seen well less than half that this season. Despite the shortage, Hartl said they’re still having a lot of fun up there.
“It’s kind of my favorite time of the year just because the temperatures are warm,” Hartl said. “You can go up there in a t-shirt on some of the days.”
Starting Monday, the lifts run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. On Fridays, they will stay open until 6 p.m.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns