PHOENIX — Don’t let the lack of snowfall fool you — there’s plenty of good skiing on the San Fancisco peaks.
“We’ve committed to staying open seven days a week though March 30,” said Ryan Hartl, with Arizona Snowbowl.
He said they could even have a few bonus weekends in April, depending on weather and popularity.
“It’s always based on what the snow conditions, the weather conditions are and your demand, actually,” he said. “So get up here and ski and the more we see you, the more likely we are to open some more days.”
Snowbowl averages 260 inches of snow each year but the area has seen well less than half that this season. Despite the shortage, Hartl said they’re still having a lot of fun up there.
“It’s kind of my favorite time of the year just because the temperatures are warm,” Hartl said. “You can go up there in a t-shirt on some of the days.”
Starting Monday, the lifts run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. On Fridays, they will stay open until 6 p.m.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night