PHOENIX — A group of runners raising money for the victims, survivors and families of those affected by last year’s Boston Marathon bombings passed through Phoenix on Thursday.
The group is called One Run for Boston and is running across the country until they finish the run in Boston, just a week before this year’s marathon.
Organizer Danny Bent said he put together the run because those affected by the bombing are part of the running community, which is like a family.
“We all go through these races together and it doesn’t matter what sex you are, what nationality, what race you are, what religion,” he said. “We’re all runners and we all support each other throughout these races.”
By the time the baton was passed to the one of Wednesday’s runners, Bryan Wilcox, the One Run for Boston group had run more than 400 miles since starting in Santa Monica, Calif. on Sunday, Bent said. He added that they have also raised nearly a quarter-million dollars.
“For the survivors of the marathon bombing, we’re getting close to about $250,000,” Bent said.
The group will continue heading east and taking donations, which can be made at OneRunForBoston.org, Bent said.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick