It’s only the beginning of January, but the Leonardo DiCaprio-led “The Revenant” is going to be one of the best films of the year.
The film is based on legendary explorer and hunter Hugh Glass, who was mauled by a grizzly bear and left for dead in the early 1820s. According to his own accounts, he stumbled and crawled 200 miles to get to safety through wilderness without supplies or weapons.
I won’t beat around the bush: This movie can be really hard to watch. It’s like a very real “Man vs. Wild” at times: It’s bloody. It’s violent, graphically so.
But it’s really well done.
You can see how hard the actors had to work to film “The Revenant.” They’re outside in the cold and snow and it comes across on the big screen.
DiCaprio and Tom Hardy are out-of-this world and director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu made a gory film look gorgeous.
Bruce St. James & Pamela Hughes
- Former worker criticizes conditions at Arizona facility for immigrant youth
- John Travolta, Kelly Preston discuss film ‘Gotti’ with Bruce St. James
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- ‘Only the Brave’ stars discuss playing fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots
- Phoenix museum to offer free admission to educators