Raising a child is an impressive enough task, but it takes a truly special kind of person to open their home to a foster child and raise them as their own.
One Valley charity, Arizona Helping Hands, is working to help foster parents raise children. The group provides supplies — everything from cribs and diapers to school material and toys — to foster families across Phoenix.
Arizona Helping Hands also connects foster parents to enrichment and support providers, along with businesses and other organizations that can help them out.
Arizona Helping Hands accepts donations online.
- Main Street Minute: Donate socks to needy for holidays
- Phoenix-area food bank’s truck stolen on Thanksgiving Day
- Main Street Minute: Get discount, help sick kids at same time with hotel stay
- Three religious issues to watch during the tax reform debate
- Main Street Minute: Car wash chain ends pet adoption month with special