Raising a child is an impressive enough task, but it takes a truly special kind of person to open their home to a foster child and raise them as their own.
One Valley charity, Arizona Helping Hands, is working to help foster parents raise children. The group provides supplies — everything from cribs and diapers to school material and toys — to foster families across Phoenix.
Arizona Helping Hands also connects foster parents to enrichment and support providers, along with businesses and other organizations that can help them out.
Arizona Helping Hands accepts donations online.
- Main Street Minute: Burger-chain customers donate to Phoenix hospital
- Arizona cities are caring, but rank low at helping out neighbors
- Main Street Minute: Scottsdale company donates to children’s cause
- Main Street Minute: Santa to visit Phoenix schoolchildren
- Main Street Minute: Donate socks to needy for holidays