TEMPE, Ariz. — Dozens of people were evacuated from an apartment complex
early Thursday morning because of a fire in a restaurant in an adjoining
The restaurant was closed and there were no injuries. Firefighters said an ice machine in the Umami restaurant near Mill Ave and Sixth Street, caught fire at 1:30
Fire Department spokesman Kevin Bailey said a security guard heard a fire alarm
sounding in the noodle shop and discovered smoke in the building.
The fire caused little damage but forced evacuation of approximately 60 people
in the apartments.