PHOENIX — Arizona has been awarded $7.1 million by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, it was announced Wednesday.
The grant was provided through the Capital Fund Program and will be used to build, repair, renovate or modernize public housing units across the state.
“Public housing authorities depend on these annual HUD funds,” said HUD Regional Administrator Ophelia Basgal in a press release. “The funds are used for renovation of their housing and for large-scale improvements such as replacing roofs or energy-efficient upgrades like window replacement, new appliances, and heating and cooling systems.”
In total, HUD handed out $1.8 billion in grants Wednesday. That money was distributed among the 50 states, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
There are 1.1 million public housing units across the U.S.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon