The YouTube video “Dear Future Mother” is responding to one mother's question about what to expect from life with a child with Down syndrome.
The video from CoorDown, coordinator of the Italian National Association of people with Down syndrome, was posted on March 18. It serves as promotion for World Down Syndrome Day on March 21 and a response to a question the organization received from an expecting mother whose child was diagnosed with Down syndrome.
“I'm scared: What kind of life will my child have?” the video quotes from her message.
Through 15 people with Down syndrome from around Europe, the video, titled “Dear Future Mother,” outlines that mothers can expect the same things all mothers expect: a child who hugs, runs, helps, works and faces challenges.
“Sometimes it will be difficult. Very difficult. Almost impossible,” the people say. “But isn't it like that for all mothers?”
The advertising company Saatchi & Saatchi teamed up with CoorDown to create the video.
“The chosen theme for World Down Syndrome Day this year is the right to happiness and well-being of people with Down syndrome,” the Saatchi and Saatchi website says. “The goal is to promote a culture of diversity and true integration into society, especially in the worlds of school and work.”
This is the third consecutive year Saatchi & Saatchi Italy has teamed up with CoorDown to create a campaign for World Down Syndrome Day. These past campaigns have done well, winning the agency 11 Lion Awards at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity and a Grand Prix honor at ADCE, according to the Saatchi & Saatchi website.
“Dear Future Mother” has also been successful, even in the first days since it was posted.
“I wish I could add a million likes to this!! Such a beautiful way to put a worried moms (sic) mind at ease! God Bless all of you!!” Jennifer Cronbach commented on YouTube.
Cecilia Elizalde tweeted, “a beautiful, and real, video about the wonderful experience of having a child with #DownSyndrome#DearFutureMom.” Aaron Hoak tweeted, “You should watch this. Life is precious. #DearFutureMom.”
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas