The YouTube video “Dear Future Mother” is responding to one mother's question about what to expect from life with a child with Down syndrome.
The video from CoorDown, coordinator of the Italian National Association of people with Down syndrome, was posted on March 18. It serves as promotion for World Down Syndrome Day on March 21 and a response to a question the organization received from an expecting mother whose child was diagnosed with Down syndrome.
“I'm scared: What kind of life will my child have?” the video quotes from her message.
Through 15 people with Down syndrome from around Europe, the video, titled “Dear Future Mother,” outlines that mothers can expect the same things all mothers expect: a child who hugs, runs, helps, works and faces challenges.
“Sometimes it will be difficult. Very difficult. Almost impossible,” the people say. “But isn't it like that for all mothers?”
The advertising company Saatchi & Saatchi teamed up with CoorDown to create the video.
“The chosen theme for World Down Syndrome Day this year is the right to happiness and well-being of people with Down syndrome,” the Saatchi and Saatchi website says. “The goal is to promote a culture of diversity and true integration into society, especially in the worlds of school and work.”
This is the third consecutive year Saatchi & Saatchi Italy has teamed up with CoorDown to create a campaign for World Down Syndrome Day. These past campaigns have done well, winning the agency 11 Lion Awards at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity and a Grand Prix honor at ADCE, according to the Saatchi & Saatchi website.
“Dear Future Mother” has also been successful, even in the first days since it was posted.
“I wish I could add a million likes to this!! Such a beautiful way to put a worried moms (sic) mind at ease! God Bless all of you!!” Jennifer Cronbach commented on YouTube.
Cecilia Elizalde tweeted, “a beautiful, and real, video about the wonderful experience of having a child with #DownSyndrome#DearFutureMom.” Aaron Hoak tweeted, “You should watch this. Life is precious. #DearFutureMom.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments