The YouTube video “Dear Future Mother” is responding to one mother's question about what to expect from life with a child with Down syndrome.
The video from CoorDown, coordinator of the Italian National Association of people with Down syndrome, was posted on March 18. It serves as promotion for World Down Syndrome Day on March 21 and a response to a question the organization received from an expecting mother whose child was diagnosed with Down syndrome.
“I'm scared: What kind of life will my child have?” the video quotes from her message.
Through 15 people with Down syndrome from around Europe, the video, titled “Dear Future Mother,” outlines that mothers can expect the same things all mothers expect: a child who hugs, runs, helps, works and faces challenges.
“Sometimes it will be difficult. Very difficult. Almost impossible,” the people say. “But isn't it like that for all mothers?”
The advertising company Saatchi & Saatchi teamed up with CoorDown to create the video.
“The chosen theme for World Down Syndrome Day this year is the right to happiness and well-being of people with Down syndrome,” the Saatchi and Saatchi website says. “The goal is to promote a culture of diversity and true integration into society, especially in the worlds of school and work.”
This is the third consecutive year Saatchi & Saatchi Italy has teamed up with CoorDown to create a campaign for World Down Syndrome Day. These past campaigns have done well, winning the agency 11 Lion Awards at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity and a Grand Prix honor at ADCE, according to the Saatchi & Saatchi website.
“Dear Future Mother” has also been successful, even in the first days since it was posted.
“I wish I could add a million likes to this!! Such a beautiful way to put a worried moms (sic) mind at ease! God Bless all of you!!” Jennifer Cronbach commented on YouTube.
Cecilia Elizalde tweeted, “a beautiful, and real, video about the wonderful experience of having a child with #DownSyndrome#DearFutureMom.” Aaron Hoak tweeted, “You should watch this. Life is precious. #DearFutureMom.”
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development