PHOENIX — Mesa police closed the case on a street fight after one of the people involved refused to cooperate, but a new video has changed their mind.
The video was posted to YouTube Monday and showed a fight at the Quiktrip at Broadway Road and Valencia between a white male and a black male. The two exchange expletives until the fists begin to fly.
At the end of the video, the white male is seen sitting atop the black male, repeatedly punching him in the back of the head.
Police said the fight occurred on March 14. They contacted the black male in the video, who refused to cooperate and did not want to file a report.
However, after police were informed of the video going online, they decided to reopen the case and said they “simply need time” to investigate further.
The other person involved has not been contacted.
The video had nearly 200,000 views in a 24-hour period before it was pulled from YouTube.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development