PHOENIX — Two different groups of Arizona officials have written letters to Tesla Motors urging the company to open a new battery plant in the state.
The first letter, from a group headed by Rep. Paul Gosar, includes signatures from Arizona’s entire House delegation.
“Locating in Arizona will allow Tesla Motors to take advantage of our state’s low cost of doing business, simplified tax system, highly skilled workforce, unique access to major markets and extraordinary quality of life. For these and many other reasons, Arizona presents an ideal choice for this revolutionary factory,” the letter reads.
The other letter, according to ValueWalk.com, invited the car company’s CEO, Elon Musk, to personally visit the Phoenix metro area. That letter was signed by several Valley mayors, including gubernatorial candidate Scott Smith.
The letter assured that wherever Elon Musk decides to locate the plant within Arizona, he will get very good infrastructure to meet Tesla Motors Inc’s needs. It also mentioned that utility companies in Arizona have made heavy investments in renewable energy resources. Scott Smith said the Arizona Commerce Authority is working out more specific details such as incentives, taxes, and possible locations.
Smith told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Rob & Karie the Valley has plenty of resources, including engineers, that would interest a company like Tesla.
He also said the arrival of companies like Tesla is the spark the state needs to focus more on education.
Arizona is one of four states that are finalists for the “Gigafactory,” which would cost up to $5 billion to build and employ about 6,500 people.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas