PHOENIX — Two different groups of Arizona officials have written letters to Tesla Motors urging the company to open a new battery plant in the state.
The first letter, from a group headed by Rep. Paul Gosar, includes signatures from Arizona’s entire House delegation.
“Locating in Arizona will allow Tesla Motors to take advantage of our state’s low cost of doing business, simplified tax system, highly skilled workforce, unique access to major markets and extraordinary quality of life. For these and many other reasons, Arizona presents an ideal choice for this revolutionary factory,” the letter reads.
The other letter, according to ValueWalk.com, invited the car company’s CEO, Elon Musk, to personally visit the Phoenix metro area. That letter was signed by several Valley mayors, including gubernatorial candidate Scott Smith.
The letter assured that wherever Elon Musk decides to locate the plant within Arizona, he will get very good infrastructure to meet Tesla Motors Inc’s needs. It also mentioned that utility companies in Arizona have made heavy investments in renewable energy resources. Scott Smith said the Arizona Commerce Authority is working out more specific details such as incentives, taxes, and possible locations.
Smith told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Rob & Karie the Valley has plenty of resources, including engineers, that would interest a company like Tesla.
He also said the arrival of companies like Tesla is the spark the state needs to focus more on education.
Arizona is one of four states that are finalists for the “Gigafactory,” which would cost up to $5 billion to build and employ about 6,500 people.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them