PHOENIX — Vendors from all over the country have come to Arizona to showcase the latest technology and gear in border security.
The Eighth Annual Border Security Expo took place at the Phoenix Convention Center with members of law enforcement, border patrol and other surveillance and security personnel attending lectures, panel discussions and showrooms.
Vendors stocked the showroom with displays of everything from armored vehicles and weapons to surveillance and facial recognition software.
One company at the event was Tucson-based G Squared Consulting, which specializes in manufacturing body armor. The company was showcasing its Thor Shield products.
“We’ve got carrier vests, or bulletproof ballistic vests, we’ve got uniforms (and) we’ve got casual clothing,” said Greg Williams, one of the company’s partners.
One of the most unique items from G Squared Consulting is, by all appearances, a normal Oxford-style shirt that Williams said is actually quite protective.
“Besides just being a normal shirt…you are going to be protected against fire, against electronic control devices, such as a Taser or stun gun, and you’ve got electrostatic discharge protection, so you won’t create a spark if you’re in a high-charged environment,” Williams said.
Williams said the company has sold products to numerous police departments and law enforcement agencies.
The expo is a two-day event that wrapped up on Wednesday.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them