PHOENIX — Downtown Phoenix will host all the official Super Bowl XLIX-related events next year, it was announced Tuesday.
Organizers predicted more than 1 million visitors will turn up for Super Bowl Central activities, which will be spread over a dozen city blocks. The site will be set up from Monroe and Jefferson streets and from First Avenue to Fifth Street.
Mayor Greg Stanton said, “Phoenix is a world-class city and we’re excited to host one of the world’s biggest events.”
Light-rail train wrap ads were unveiled. The Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee has begun the countdown, noting on Twitter, “Only 313 days until #SB49 week”
— PhoenixConventionCtr (@PhoenixConvCtr) March 18, 2014
— Downtown Phoenix (@downtownphoenix) March 18, 2014
— Ruben Alonzo (@ralonzo) March 18, 2014
The Convention Center’s north building will house the NFL Experience, the fan “theme park.” In the past it has included interactive games, displays and kids’ clinics.
The game will be played Feb. 1, 2015 at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.