PHOENIX — The City of Chandler is encouraging residents to help elderly and disabled residents clean up weeds on their property.
The fifth annual “Let’s Pull Together” weed pulling campaign runs for three consecutive Saturdays beginning March 29.
“We do this during the time when there are lots of weeds…and a lot of people who have needs,” Judy Ramos, neighborhood programs coordinator with the City of Chandler said.
Ramos explained that it’s a great opportunity for neighborhood groups, faith-based organizations and corporations to get together to help keep Chandler looking beautiful — and feel good about helping others.
“We have a lot of seniors in our community, we have a lot of folks who have disabilities or maybe they’ve been through surgery and it doesn’t allow them to get out in the yard and pull weeds,” she said.
Ramos said water and some tools will be provided, but volunteers are encouraged to bring whatever equipment they have.
Anyone who knows someone in Chandler needing help with weeds or of vacant homes with excessive weeds in the front yards are encouraged to call (480) 782-4348 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon