PHOENIX — Phoenix golf course owners beware.
Complaints about rundown golf courses around Phoenix have spawned a city council subcommittee meeting Tuesday.
“People want to put high rises on these golf courses or they’re coming in with an intense zoning change,” said Councilman Sal DiCiccio, who put together the ordinance. “The idea is to put things on an equal playing field so that developers can’t use blight as a tool to get concessions from neighbors.”
There is an incredible amount of pressure being put on golf course owners to redevelop the properties, he said.
The new ordinance would require golf courses to get permits to put up fencing, outlaw barbed wire fencing completely, and according to the DiCiccio, require property owners to go through a public process before doing anything that could have a negative impact on the surrounding neighborhoods.
DiCiccio thinks he has enough votes for the ordinance to pass Tuesday. After that, it’ll have to go to the main council in early April.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food