PHOENIX — Phoenix golf course owners beware.
Complaints about rundown golf courses around Phoenix have spawned a city council subcommittee meeting Tuesday.
“People want to put high rises on these golf courses or they’re coming in with an intense zoning change,” said Councilman Sal DiCiccio, who put together the ordinance. “The idea is to put things on an equal playing field so that developers can’t use blight as a tool to get concessions from neighbors.”
There is an incredible amount of pressure being put on golf course owners to redevelop the properties, he said.
The new ordinance would require golf courses to get permits to put up fencing, outlaw barbed wire fencing completely, and according to the DiCiccio, require property owners to go through a public process before doing anything that could have a negative impact on the surrounding neighborhoods.
DiCiccio thinks he has enough votes for the ordinance to pass Tuesday. After that, it’ll have to go to the main council in early April.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development