PHOENIX — The mother of a teenage victim in a murder-suicide is raising money for her daughter’s funeral.
On Friday, March 7, Anastasia (Ana) Greer, 16, was shot dead by her friend Matthew Bolton, 15, after trying to protect Bolton’s ex-girlfriend. Both were students at Sandra Day O’Connor High School.
“She was about truth, honesty and love and she loved life,” Diannah Dinsmoor, Greer’s mother, told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos on Monday. “From the day that she was born, she was forthcoming and affectionate and loving and everybody fell in love with her form the moment they met her.”
Dinsmoor is attempting to raise $13,000 to cover the cost of her daughter’s funeral. Greer was born in California and Dinsmoor plans on having the funeral there.
“Hands Across Anthem is the one that has been doing the fundraisers to help take care of expenses and they’ve been incredibly amazing,” Dinsmoor said.
Hands Across Anthem has set up an account for donations, which can be accessed at HandsAcrossArizona.com.
Dinsmoor has received an outpouring of international love and support, a poignant, karmic response to the message both mother and daughter lived by.
“Love each other; give each other hugs daily,” Dinsmoor said. “Don’t sweat the small stuff, because those people in your life, they matter the most and make sure that they know that you love them.”
Dinsmoor also wants to spread the message of love to the community that has helped her through the most tragic time in her life.
“Your neighbors, the people around you; they matter,” she said. “Sometimes people forget about community and those neighbors are important people, too.”
Donations can also be made to the Anastasia Greer Foundation at any Wells Fargo bank. The reference number is 1490970702.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident