PHOENIX — A man who crashed a truck into several police vehicles in Gilbert was finally taken into custody Monday morning.
The chase ended near Recker and Williams Field roads around 9:30 a.m.
Police said Preston Oberly, 25, had created enough of a disturbance in a bank parking lot at Guadalupe and Gilbert roads that they were called around 9 a.m.
“The subject was banging on car doors and windows with his hands, and yelling, screaming in the parking lot,” Gilbert Police Sgt. Jesse Sanger said.
Sanger also said that when officers arrived, Oberly got into a black pickup truck and sped out of the lot, “driving straight towards one of the officers that was on foot.”
The officer was unharmed.
The car was eventually disabled and Oberly was taken into custody and charged with aggravated assault, felony flight and driving with a suspended license.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy