PHOENIX — A man who crashed a truck into several police vehicles in Gilbert was finally taken into custody Monday morning.
The chase ended near Recker and Williams Field roads around 9:30 a.m.
Police said Preston Oberly, 25, had created enough of a disturbance in a bank parking lot at Guadalupe and Gilbert roads that they were called around 9 a.m.
“The subject was banging on car doors and windows with his hands, and yelling, screaming in the parking lot,” Gilbert Police Sgt. Jesse Sanger said.
Sanger also said that when officers arrived, Oberly got into a black pickup truck and sped out of the lot, “driving straight towards one of the officers that was on foot.”
The officer was unharmed.
The car was eventually disabled and Oberly was taken into custody and charged with aggravated assault, felony flight and driving with a suspended license.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life