PHOENIX — A man who crashed a truck into several police vehicles in Gilbert was finally taken into custody Monday morning.
The chase ended near Recker and Williams Field roads around 9:30 a.m.
Police said Preston Oberly, 25, had created enough of a disturbance in a bank parking lot at Guadalupe and Gilbert roads that they were called around 9 a.m.
“The subject was banging on car doors and windows with his hands, and yelling, screaming in the parking lot,” Gilbert Police Sgt. Jesse Sanger said.
Sanger also said that when officers arrived, Oberly got into a black pickup truck and sped out of the lot, “driving straight towards one of the officers that was on foot.”
The officer was unharmed.
The car was eventually disabled and Oberly was taken into custody and charged with aggravated assault, felony flight and driving with a suspended license.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns