As we move into 2016 and — more importantly — awards season, there’s going to be a lot of hype surrounding some of last year’s best films.
While we all would love to be able to sit down and watch each one, we just don’t have the time. That’s why we grabbed our own Phoenix Film Society member and reviewer, Bruce St. James, and had him give his run down of the best films of 2015.
Check out the six-minute video above to see the films Bruce thought are must-see for 2015. If you want a little more detailed breakdown, including his original reviews and some trailers for the films mentioned, check out this post.
What were your favorite films of 2015? Were there any that Bruce left off the list that you felt should be on it?
Which movies are going to be clean up during awards season? Are there going to be any surprises?
Let us know what you think in the comments.
- ‘A Quiet Place’ isn’t just a horror movie, it’s a cinematic experience
- ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’ is a brainless CGI actionfest that has a good time
- ‘Ready Player One’ is why we go to the movies
- Say ‘pi’ but hear ‘pie’: Best pie fights in the movies, TV
- Second weekend for ‘Black Panther’ is one of the best ever