PHOENIX — A new study has shed some positive light on the Arizona economy this year.
BMO Harris Bank released a study last week showing that a strong majority of Arizonans are seeking to invest in their business in 2014.
According to the study, 65 percent of business owners or executives were looking to invest in their business, with more than one-quarter of them expecting to upgrade or purchase new equipment, and another quarter planning on modernizing their technology and systems.
Tim Bruckner, BMO Harris’ Arizona managing director, said those findings reflect a positive outlook by owners and executives on the state’s economy.
“It’s something that we’re excited about. We’re seeing a lot of capital spending going on, a lot of optimism with the uptick in the economy,” he said.
When asked where owners and executives would make those investments, nearly 20 percent responded they plan to hire more employees, which Bruckner said was also another good indicator.
“When we’re bringing people into Arizona to work in technology or healthcare or bioscience, these people are going to buy homes and they’re going to purchase consumer goods,” he said.
Of the 35 percent of executives and owners who were not interested or planning to invest in their business this year, the most popular reasons had to do with the state of the economy, that their business is already performing well enough and that upgrades were not needed.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain