PHOENIX — A new study has shed some positive light on the Arizona economy this year.
BMO Harris Bank released a study last week showing that a strong majority of Arizonans are seeking to invest in their business in 2014.
According to the study, 65 percent of business owners or executives were looking to invest in their business, with more than one-quarter of them expecting to upgrade or purchase new equipment, and another quarter planning on modernizing their technology and systems.
Tim Bruckner, BMO Harris’ Arizona managing director, said those findings reflect a positive outlook by owners and executives on the state’s economy.
“It’s something that we’re excited about. We’re seeing a lot of capital spending going on, a lot of optimism with the uptick in the economy,” he said.
When asked where owners and executives would make those investments, nearly 20 percent responded they plan to hire more employees, which Bruckner said was also another good indicator.
“When we’re bringing people into Arizona to work in technology or healthcare or bioscience, these people are going to buy homes and they’re going to purchase consumer goods,” he said.
Of the 35 percent of executives and owners who were not interested or planning to invest in their business this year, the most popular reasons had to do with the state of the economy, that their business is already performing well enough and that upgrades were not needed.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.